Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Another week, another blog

Since we have been given the liberty to write about anything this week I am unsure of what to post. I will type whatever comes to mind so please be advised that if you do read this you may find it to be a complete waist of your time.

On my way home today I ran into a guy who said handball was not a real sport. Obviously this guy has never played handball. Handball is a sport. If tennis and volleyball are sports, then so is handball.

I am currently sitting next to the television watching news on channel two. Seriously, watching these news is a pointless. It seems that the stories that got the most coverage were the Britney Spears escape from the cameras and 4 kittens being saved from a weather disaster. Is this really more important than the devastating cyclone in Myanmar? I don't think so. It's cool that the ferries here in NY will now connect to all 5 boroughs.

In soccer news, Real Madrid became the champions in the Spanish league. If they hadn't won this Sunday, Real Madrid would've gone against the most popular team, Barcelona and have become the champions right in front of their biggest rival's face. This Wednesday there will be a classic match of honor against these two teams. In the Mexican league, this year's tournament did not follow the annual pattern. America, the most famous and richest team in the Mexican league achieved the lowest point ranking with their coach. Their biggest rivals Chivas, currently hold the number one position in the tournament. Viva Chivas!

Element, the skate company came out with a new type of deck. These have been out for a while. "PUSH", is a revolutionary upgrade to lighter, yet stronger, decks. These decks cost about 90 dollars! If you happen to feel like purchasing these new decks, don't they are a waist of money. I personally believe that if your going to purchase element decks get the fiberlights. They are cheaper and worth it. But if you are like me and don't have the cash to purchase expensive parts, just get a blank. They are almost as good. Most of them have decent pop and impact.

I think I currently need help with staying away from GTA 4. This game is intense. I just got it for the 360 and I can't seem to stop playing it. One of my friends beat the whole game in just 3 days. I'm not as good a video game player as him but I think I finally understand him when he gets hooked on a game and plays nonstop for hours. Another fun game is definitely Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Sadly I think that's the only fun game for the Wii.
I hope you didn't read all of this, I hope you just skimmed through it really fast.
DO NOT forget mother's day. Every mom deserves a gift.

3 comments:

Brandon said...

How much longer will your friend be able to enjoy GTA 4 for, now that he has beaten the game?

helen. said...

yah for handball let's play one day lol

Dino said...

Well Brandon seeing as how GTA is a free roaming game....

Forever?